Spring is in the air and it’s making us giddy! As part of Leeds Digital Festival, which runs from 25-30 April, Glug Leeds is holding two events in one week – for the first time ever!
The first of these, Glug Leeds #4: ‘Glug Reloaded’, happens on 26 April at the rather fabulous Headrow House. The night will showcase our pick of the wonderful new creative businesses in the North and local businesses that have recently rebranded.
Not had enough Glug for one week? Get yourself down to Glug Leeds #5: ‘Glug Revelations’, which takes place on 28 April at Leeds Dock where we can fit even more of you brilliant people in! Our speakers will be introducing new and inspiring trends to rock your creative world.
As always we’ve asked the best Creatives in the industry to come and inspire you, check out the full speaker line up below. On both nights there will also be a bar (you get a free beer with your ticket!) and a welcome goodie bag courtesy of Fred Aldous for the first 100 people through the door.
Come. Hear inspiring Creatives talk. Do some ‘notworking’. Have a drink. Make new friends.
See you at the bar!
– – EVENTS INFORMATION – –
GLUG LEEDS #4 – 26###sup/sup### APRIL 2016.
Doors open: 5pm
Tickets/ Memberships: 200 people @ £7.50, includes entry and a beer [£12 multi-ticket option, entry for Glug Leeds #4 and #5]
Venue: Headrow House, Leeds
Address: Bramleys Yard, The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 6PU
– TK: Established in Leeds in 2000, and now with offices in London and Los Angeles, TK is an integrated agency of 50+ talented creative experts in Digital, PR & Social Media, Brand, Motion Graphics and Planning and Insight, working on global and UK brands including Johnson & Johnson, Porsche, BP and Hammerson. TK received the Best Agency Grand Prix Award from the Recommended Agency Register (RAR) awards for two consecutive years in 2012 and 2013 voted by clients to celebrate outstanding results and the highest levels of client satisfaction.
Website – http://agencytk.com/
Twitter – @AgencyTK
– Oslo: Oslo is a brand new agency based in Leeds bringing the clean & minimal styles of Scandinavia to Yorkshire. We execute ideas simply, efficiently & beautifully, providing both start-ups and established business alike with design services, art direction, social media management, digital marketing and website design & build. We understand the message, and tell the story of your brand.
Website – http://www.oslo.agency/
Twitter – @oslo_agency
– Matt Davis Photography: Commercial photographer based in Leeds after working in Edinburgh and London. Matt specialises in creative portraiture for a range of advertising and design agencies. His work is characterised by a sense of humour and atmosphere and is featured regularly in the industry awards. Matt will be joining us to talk about the process behind some of his recent commissioned work, including campaigns for Adidas and Liverpool FC.
Website – http://davisphotographer.co.uk/
Twitter – @ShotByDavis
– East Street Arts: East Street Arts mission is to support artists to create work and experiences that bring lasting change to our everyday lives. Their latest venture the Art Hostel offers a new and innovative way to bring urban revitalisation, an economic catalyst for ethical tourism, in the form of the first social enterprise Art Hostel in the UK, unique accommodation in a playful, creative space. Nicola Greenan joins us to share the journey of how the Art Hostel came to be and what the plans are for its future.
Website – http://arthostel.org.uk/
– StrawberryToo: StrawberryToo are design and digital agency staffed entirely by graduates and apprentices in two studios across Yorkshire. We’re really keen to nurture local creative talent and to keep it up North, where it belongs. We give businesses a real creative edge through fresh ideas from individuals striving to impress. Everything we do is at an affordable budget for small businesses and start-ups, that’s why choosing us makes complete commercial sense. Everything is done under the watchful eyes of our senior creatives from our flagship agency, Strawberry.
Website – http://strawberry.co.uk/
Twitter – @Strawberry
GLUG LEEDS #5 – 28###sup/sup### APRIL 2016.
Doors open: 5pm
Tickets/ Memberships: 480 people @ £7.50, entry and a beer [£12 multi-ticket option, entry to both Glug Leeds #4 and #5]
Venue: Leeds Dock Event Space, Leeds
Address: Dock 29, The Boulevard, Leeds, LS10 1PZ [next to the Royal Armouries]
– Social Chain: Social Chain is the UK’s largest Influencer Marketing agency and one of the most talked about marketing agencies of 2015. At just 23years old, Steve Bartlett heads up a team of more than fifty young creatives growing huge social trends, recognised as one of the most powerful influencers on Social Media. Steve Barlett takes popular online communities & influencers and builds creative marketing campaigns for some of the biggest brands in the world. As a result, he has turned Social Chain into a multi-million pound business that has been recognised by The Drum as Social Media Agency of the Year.
Website – http://www.socialchain.com/
Twitter – @_SteveBartlett
– ODI Leeds: Paul Connell is the founder of ODILeeds, a ‘Pioneer Node’ of the Open Data Institute founded by Sir Tim Berners Lee and Sir Nigel Shadbolt to equip, connect and inspire people around the world to innovate with data.
Website – http://leeds.theodi.org/
Twitter – @ODILeeds
– M14 Industries (Bristlr App): Meet the guys behind Bristlr App – winner of the UK’s best new dating site 2016. Part social network, part dating service, Bristlr has become the world’s favourite beard-centric social app. Dubbed as the ‘Tinder for Beards’ by CNBC for its 120,000 users. Started as something of a joke in October 2014, Bristlr has now created more than half of a million connections between those with beards and those who want to stroke them. The app has grown into a fully fledged and feature rich dating service used in more than 100 cities around the world. M14 Industries manage and power niche dating and social apps, allowing anyone to easily create their own service without fuss.
Website – http://m14.industries/
Twitter – @M14Industries
– Christopher Murphy: Christopher Murphy is a writer, designer and speaker based in Belfast. A passionate educator, and a mentor to many young entrepreneurs, Murphy leads Interaction Design provision at The Belfast School of Art, where he has championed a successful entrepreneurship culture for many years.
Website – http://tinybooks.org/
Twitter – @fehlr
– Stac: Stac is a consultancy based in central Leeds focusing on application architecture, developer workshops, performance and security. With clients such as the NHS and Sky, they’re well versed in building and scaling large web applications for any industry. Josh Nesbitt Stac’s Director is a Ruby programmer with many years’ experience, Josh also runs the Hey! (https://heyst.ac) events, taking place roughly eight times a year, attracting digital professionals from all over Leeds and the surrounding areas.
Website – https://wearestac.com
Twitter – @wearestac