On July the 15th Agency Rush and Crush Creative hosted an exciting evening, held at another superb venue – Patterns club and bar on Brighton’s sunny seafront. The event was jam-packed with amazing creatives from all traits and we all had a blast.
Here's the re-cap!
On the night we heard from...
- Mr. Bingo The original Shoreditch beat busker and 'Master of Pens' will be taking to the stage and “talking out of his own mouth”. The illustrator’s mischievous character is mirrored in his work and over the years he’s worked with The Mighty Boosh, QI, Jimmy Carr and MTV - quite an impressive portfolio to say the least! Since speaking at our first ever Glug Brighton event back in 2009 Bingo’s come a long way so come hear his tales of Rap fame, ‘Hate Mail’ and drawing stuff!
- Animade The forward-thinking and boundary-smashing animation studio are a seventeen strong team who get things moving for games, stings and whole host of digital projects for the likes of Google, BBC, Red Bull, Air BnB and Ray Ban. Don’t worry not all 17 of them will be trying to hog the mike!
- Danielle Pender The founder and editor of Riposte - a smart magazine for women that features a cast of brilliant and bold women. Featured by the likes of It's Nice That, New York Times, The Guardian and Cool Hunting Riposte is sold world-wide, even in Danielle's home town of Newcastle!
Interacted with some treats upstairs...
Stick It On Partnering with Glug Brighton, Stick It On hosted the entertainment upstairs and gave Gluggers the opportunity to have 15mins of DJ fame on the decks! Showcasing their recently launched App, users could browse through playlists carefully compiled for the event on the night, and select three songs to submit along with your DJ name. For more fun and check out their websites http://www.stickiton.club (public events) http://www.stickiton.org.uk (private hire)
Tweets for Treats Tweets for Treats is a tweet powered vintage sweets dispenser - the clue’s in the name! When attending the event keep a look out for what handle and hashtag to use when tweeting and you'll be rewarded with a handful of free sweets for each tweet you make. The dispenser has been built by Black Sun Creative who'll also be at the event if you'd like to find out more.
The Private Press The fantastic local screen-printing company teamed up with well known illustrators Adam Howling and Sean Sims and brought you some exclusive limited edition prints designed specially for the event. There was a free print for everyone on the night and the best part is you had the option to approach the press and print it yourself!
Saw live art by...
- Alice Bowsher No stranger to large scale murals, and with a client list including White Stuff, YCN and Lush, Alice surely lured us all in with her spontaneous and charming illustrations.
- Stephanie Unger A massive splash of colour and a bold mix of simple shapes, Stephanie wowed us with her playful illustrations and characters.
- Lucy Sherston A celebration of colour, shape and form, Lucy’s big bold compositions made sure to grab your attention on the night! Inspired by handmade processes, you’ll saw her use a mix of textures to create a playful composition.
As well as browsed some pop-up shops from...
- Hello Marine The illustrator and pattern lover joined us, selling her lovingly made acrylic jewellery, prints and textile pieces. The Brighton-based illustrator’s work stretches far beyond our fair city and her recent clients include Lacoste, The NY Times and Heal’s. To see more from her stunning portfolio and for a taster of her wares click here.
- Mr. Bingo sold his book ’Hate Mail: The Definitive Collection’, a retrospective of the ‘Hate Mail’ postcard project.
- Linguistine Art Director, Graphic designer & Illustrator with a wide range of experience working with brands and clients including V&A and Red Bull designing magazines, books and other literature, Matthew Ward will be selling his printed and illustrated delights.
We also had Photo Booth fun from Rosie Curran and Peter James Field who had pencils at the ready, sketching portraits of you fabulous folk. Oh, and animated wonders from the ‘Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared’ series from BECKY AND JOE.