Glug’s on a mission to celebrate creativity in all corners of the world, and we’re now looking for someone who’s as passionate about this as we are…
– Get busy getting to know the communities of Gluggers and Hosts and being the face of Glug and our community
– Public relations management
– Glugger (our members AND Hosts) happiness
– Analytics and research
– Shared ownership of marketing & comms implementation
– Content creation
The last 18 months have been magically fast-paced and exciting here at Glug as we have gone from strength to strength as a global franchise and kept on broadening our programmes, partnerships and presence. We’ve got so many exciting endeavours coming up and some big plans for the coming year(s) and have arrived at a point where we need yet another pair of hands to help us sail this ship!
We’re hence looking for our next superstar Community Magician – a job role that will entail overseeing and managing all things community across the global Glug brand and franchise network. Why ‘magician’? Well, we basically need you to work some magic with our internal and external community relationships, so, that’s that…
This digital-savvy employee will be responsible for all community management and relationships and will also help with general Glug HQ marketing activity assisting in the creation of content to ultimately support the growth of the Glug network. The day-to-day of the Glug CM will be varied as this role is a
hands-on, influential and integral part of a small but mighty team, but always with an emphasis on developing the Glug member and Host community verticals. The CM reports directly to the Global Partnerships Mgr and indirectly to our CEO, and will work closely with our local teams in over 35+ cities worldwide so you’ve got to be a big people person…
We’re looking for an ambitious, tenacious, all-around-awesome, team player to join the Glug Family and we need someone who easily takes ownership of responsibilities, consider themselves an outgoing optimist and have an understanding and appreciation for the creative industry. You enjoy days in the studio planning the next community campaign or marketing exercise but will also be flexible and confident when joining in on partnership meetings, MC-ing events alongside the team and be a personable brand ambassador whenever out and about. Previous experience in content creation, community building and management will be seen as a massive plus as we’re looking for someone to come in and fly from day one.
Sounds like a fun gig, right? We promise it will be, and if you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you asap.
Send your CV + Cover Letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles & responsibilities:
– Responsible for Glug member Glug Hosts and customer support, answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter etc) and managing any online feedback forums.
– Working as the point of contact with Glug’s PR and Media Partners.
– Helping to manage incoming media requests and building relationships with key industry profiles, journalists and influencers.
– Assisting with creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
Events and event planning
– As the face of Glug you’re frequently attending industry events in London
– Previous event management experience will regarded as a plus as the job role also includes co-production of the showcase chapter here in London.
– Writing blog posts, articles, email newsletters, communications materials, and tailored material for social media channels.
– Utilising global network content to create cross-platform campaigns.
– Liaising with Glug partners, Glug hosts and our digital community Manager to develop content for Glug channels.
Communications and marketing
– Contributing to the yearly strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for Glug’s public-facing communications.
– Presenting at regular monthly marketing meetings to review, and, if necessary adapt, the marketing plan.
Key attributes we’re looking for:
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills that can bring our community together. Ability to make our Gluggers and our Glug Hosts feel comfortable and supported, and to foster connections amongst the industry is essential.
– Experience in written content or other writing should be demonstrated, as the CM will write and edit a regular stream of content.
Interest in the creative industry
– Glug is all about celebrating the global creative community. The CM must be passionate about what
they do, with a keen interest in design, content, creativity, video and animation and a flair for curating interesting, thought provoking and inspiring content.
– Great time management skills, ability to multitask and intelligence – this is especially important since the CM will be involved with many different outward-facing areas of Glug.
– With such a major task at our hands with such a lean team we heavily rely on transparency and open communication between team members
– Having experience with PR is a nice to have, but with strong sense of relationship building and interpersonal skills we’ll easily work on this together.
– We take Glug and our mission & vision very seriously — but not ourselves, and we hope you’ll have a similar vibe.
– We rather call ourselves the ‘Glug Family’ than the ‘Glug Corporation’ and we’d be looking for someone who thrives in a ‘we’re in this together’ environment.
– Glug is fast-moving and ever-developing, so forward-thinking needs to be combined well with day-to-day tasks.
– The role is based in Output Group’s London office, so it’s important that the CM is comfortable and able to fit into a design studio culture.